Saturday, September 29, 2012

Song of the Day - Shazna - Sumire September Love

Ah, the 1990s had certainly been a great decade. Lately, I have been feeling nostalgic for that time - watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Charmed, and listening to Savage Garden and such... ah, yes. It had been a great time for music and a fascinating time to be alive. Thus, coming back to RSF after my hiatus as I am, I thought I'd start with one of my favorite songs. Shazna were one of the first bands I encountered, and their Golden Sun and Silver Moon compilation is one of my most prized albums to date. 

Certainly, the majority of visual kei fans, especially from that era, are familiar with Shazna, especially some of their saccharine hits Melty Love and White Fairytale. The latter still makes its way onto all kinds of Christmas compilation albums even a decade later. However, the song I picked for today is much more suited to autumn - Sumire September Love. Seeing as today is the last day of September, I thought it would be nice to listen to. It's an excellent balance of pop, techno, and rock, with easy to listen to vocals. Brilliant choice for a gloomy day.



No comments:

Post a Comment