Friday, May 18, 2012

Кирпичи - Kirpichi - Russian hip hop group


It was once upon a midnight dreary, when I pondered weak and weary, over many a page of Youtube videos I don't know...



And then, suddenly, a memory came to me. A memory of being 8 years old in St Petersburg, Russia, and my mom giving me a tape of a group called Kirpichi. They had some interesting songs, with names that translated roughly to "The pope is condemned" and "Vodka is bad". I didn't understand it at the time very much, because, well, I was 8 years old and knew more about greek myths than about grownup things. Somehow, last night, this group popped into my head. And I looked it up.

It's strange, but I think I understand now why I like Rize so much. Very similar style isn't it?? I wonder if Kirpichi are still active.


No comments:

Post a Comment