Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Events: Soul Train: "The Hippest Trip in America" Free Screening in Harlem

Heads up, folks. Here's a fun event that I wish I could go to tomorrow. Since I won't be able to, though, I thought I'd share the last-minute news with everyone. There will be a free screening of the documentary on Soul Train at Marcus Garvey Park in Harlem on Thursday 12th July, 2012. The title is Soul Train: The Hippest Trip in America.

The festivities will include various DJs and musicians. I tried to find a full artist lineup but failed. It will probably be awesome, though. There will also be an attempt to get the world's biggest soul train line going, as certified by Guiness World Records. The goal is for at least 500 people to show up and join in. 
 
Really, I wish I could go, it sounds like epic fun! Unfortunately, I have to be  a responsible adult and finish my work. Boo. Watching Soul Train (and Addams Family reruns) on the weekends at my dad's workshop is one of my first memories about America. That was my first exposure to American pop culture. 
 
Although, I'll be honest, as far as day to day life goes for me, I think Addams Family values have caught on more for me...

If you go, make sure to let us know how it was! We'd love to hear from you!


If you enjoyed this post, please consider signing up for our newsletters. You won't get any spam, just an email whenever we post a new blog update!


No comments:

Post a Comment